Cachet is fully integrated with Uptime to allow you to push alerts to their platform, and we have worked together to make the integration seamless. To get started, you will first need to set up a Cachet account at https://cachethq.iom/.
In order to activate the integration of Cachet within your Uptime account, you will go to Notifications followed by Integrations, then click New Profile. Select Cachet as the Provider Type when adding a new push notifications profile.
The following describes the fields shown when configuring Cachet within your Uptime account:
- Name: The reference name you desire to assign to your Cachet profile. It can assist you with organizing multiple provider profiles within your Uptime account.
- URL: This would be the root URL, of your Cachet installation.
- API Token: This will be obtained from Cachet. Please review the Obtaining Cachet API Key section below for further documentation.
- Component Id: To find the component ID, go to the component change form (Components >> Edit) and look at URL of the page. The part of the path before "/edit" is the ID.
- Metric Id:To find the metric ID, go to the component change form (Metrics >> Edit) and look at URL of the page. The part of the path before "/edit" is the ID.
*Once you've configured your Cachet profile, you will need to assign the profile to a contact group located under Notifications>Contacts. The profile is assigned to the Push Notifications field within the contact group.
Obtaining the Cachet API Key
In the Cachet dashboard, click your avatar on the top of the sidebar to the left. Copy the API token and paste it into the corresponding field pictured above.
You can find the Component ID at Components>Edit. Look at the URL of the page. The part of the path before /edit is the Component ID. The same process applies to the Metric ID.