Geckoboard is a website management service for building data dashboards. The integration allows you to check response time metrics from their platform, and we have worked together to make the integration seamless. To get started, you will first need to set up a Geckoboard account at https://geckoboard.com/. Uptime.com requires:
- API Key
- Dataset Name
Integration with Geckoboard allows for the following:
- Check response time metrics from Uptime.com within Geckoboard
Login to the Geckoboard Dashboard and click on your initials in the top right-hand side, then Account Details. Scroll down to find and copy the API Key. Next, return to your Dashboard and click the Add Widget button. Select Datasets as the source, and then return to Uptime.com.
Paste the API Key into the field as shown below, then provide a Dataset Name. Finally, name your integration for Uptime.com, if you choose, then Save the Integration.
In order to activate the integration of Geckoboard within your Uptime account, you will go to Notifications>Integrations, then click New Profile. Select Geckoboard as the Provider Type.
Return to your Geckoboard Dashboard, then click Add Widget and select Datasets as the source. Look for the Integration you named and select it as the source, then click Add to Dashboard once you have configured the datasource. Your data should appear within 30 minutes.
The following describes the fields shown when configuring Geckoboard within your Uptime account:
- Name: The reference name you desire to assign to your Pushover profile. It can assist you with organizing multiple provider profiles within your Uptime account.
- API key: This will be obtained from Geckoboard. Please review the Obtaining Geckoboard API Key section for further documentation.
- Dataset Name: The name of a dataset the user can add to Geckoboard
Once you've configured your Geckoboard integration, you will need to assign it to a contact and make sure that contact is notified when a Check goes down. First, click Notifications>Contacts>New Contact. Select Geckoboard from the Push Notifications field within the New Contact screen. Finally, return to your Check’s Edit screen and assign Geckoboard as one of the Contacts to be notified of a downtime event.
Test your integration with one of the following two options:
- Force the Check assigned to your Integration to fail by altering it (HTTPS checks can use a misspelling of the domain, for example)
- Click Notifications>Contacts, then click Actions>Test to send a test to the Contact