Librato is a cloud monitoring platform for real-time operations and performance analytics. The integration allows you to check response time metrics from their platform, and we have worked together to make the integration seamless. To get started, you will first need to set up a Librato account at https://librato.com/. Uptime.com requires the following:
- Email address used to register with Librato
- API Token
Integration with Librato allows for the following:
- Check response time metrics from Uptime.com within Librato
- Metrics will update every five minutes with five data points from one-minute checks.
First, login to Librato and click on Account Settings. Click API Tokens>Generate New API Token. The next screen will ask you to name your API Token. Once named, click Generate. Copy the Email Address associated with the token and the API Token, and then return to Uptime.com.
In order to activate the integration of Librato within your Uptime account, you will go to Notifications>Integrations, then click New Profile. Select Librato as the Provider Type.
Paste the Email Address and API Token into the text fields on Uptime.com. There's no need to pre-create a metric, rather enter a Name above and your metric will be created as soon as the first chunk of data reaches Librato.
The following describes the fields shown when configuring Librato within your Uptime account:
- Name: The reference name you desire to assign to your Librato profile. It can assist you with organizing multiple provider profiles within your Uptime account.
- Email: The email address used to register with Librato.
- API token: This will be obtained from Librato.
- Metric name: The name of the metric Uptime.com will create in Librato.
Once you've configured your Librato integration, you will need to assign it to a contact and make sure that contact is notified when a Check fails.
Assign Integration to Contacts
To add your integration to an existing contact, click on or type the name of the contact into the Assign to Contacts field within the integration setup screen.
You can designate a new contact from within the integration setup. Simply enter the name of your new contact into the Assign to Contacts field, and select it as depicted below:
Uptime.com will create a new contact and assign the integration to it. You can find this contact when you click Notifications>Contact.
Assign Integration Contact to a Check
If you have created a new or dedicated contact for your integration, you will need to add it to specific checks. If you have assigned the integration to a contact that is already assigned to one (or more) checks, you may skip this step.
Return to your Check’s Edit screen and assign this contact to the Contacts field to be notified of a downtime event. Metrics will update every five minutes with five data points from one-minute checks. On initial setup, metric data may take up to 30 minutes to appear.
Please note: Response time data is stored based on account usage. Uptime.com stores hourly data for a maximum of 90 days, and daily check data for a period of up to 24 months.
Test Your Integration
Test your integration with one of the following two options:
- Force the Check assigned to your Integration to fail by altering it (HTTPS checks can use a misspelling of the domain, for example)
- Click Notifications>Contacts, then click Actions>Test to send a test to the Contact